Ascaso Dream – The Cow
Ascaso Dream the Cow – love the retro styled Dream. Beautiful styling, 13 colour choices and quality components including 225ml brass boiler, 57mm brass portafilter, pod conversion option, 3 way solenoid and over pressure valve and 3 steam wand fittings to achieve the silkiest milk. And to top it all off we even include a quality aluminum tamper worth $60.00.
The Ascaso Dream Up V2.0 features a three-way solenoid valve that empties into the reservoir, adjustable pressure valve and includes an aluminum tamper. Ascaso kept the same stylish retro look that the original Dream espresso machine has long been known for and made it available in a wide array of rainbow colors. The V2.0 updated version has removed the previous model’s three-way solenoid pipe that was located on the left side of the machine. The three-way solenoid valve now returns to the reservoir for easier access and cleaning.
- Three-Way Solenoid Valve – This valve releases the excess pressure and moisture from the coffee puck when you are finished brewing, resulting in a drier puck that can be easily smacked into a knock box.
- Simple to Use Controls – Flip on the center power switch to begin heating up the boiler. Two more professional grade rocker switches allow for control of the steam function (far left) and the coffee brew control (far right). A series of indicator lights inform you when the machine is powered up, and when it is at the proper temperature for either brewing espresso or steaming milk.
- Aluminum Case – The Dream is constructed of corrosion resistant aluminum for extra long life. The aluminum is then finished in a chip resistant enamel paint. Unlike most espresso machines in this class that are made of steel, the Dream will not rust thanks to the aluminum body. All of the components that make up the construction are designed for long life and low maintenance.
- Frothing Tip for Perfect Foam – Like magic, the wand will make perfect foam. In an instant, the steam wand converts the milk in your 12 or 20 oz. frothing pitcher to lovely foam for lattes and cappuccinos. Mounted on a swivel joint, the stainless steel steam wand conveniently swings aside and clean up is a snap.
- Quality Brewing Group – The group head (the component that accepts the coffee holder) is made of chrome plated brass. Designed after Ascaso’s commercial espresso machines, the Dream group head evenly distributes heat and reduces “hotspots” for more temperature consistent espresso. It has also been designed to evenly distribute water across the coffee grounds for a better extraction.
- Heavy Duty Coffee Holders and Filter Baskets – Keeping with the tradition of using only commercial grade components, the Dream uses heavy-duty chrome plated brass coffee holders, which feature a rugged plastic handle. There is a coffee holder for ground coffee and one for espresso pods. Single shot and double shot 57 mm diameter stainless steel filter baskets are also included. The larger size baskets allow you to use more ground coffee per serving for stronger espresso or cups of coffee.
- 48 oz. Water Tank – The removable water reservoir, equipped with a water level indicator, can be filled while operating or taken out and filled at the faucet.
- 16 BAR Water Pump – The secret to a great espresso is a water pump that has the power to force water through the coffee grounds to extract the full flavor from the coffee. No worries here, you have more than enough pressure to extract the best of what your coffee has to offer.
- Drip and Cup Tray, Plus Cup Heater – The Dream has a polished stainless steel drip pan and chrome plated steel cup try, both easy to remove and clean. A unique scratch resistant cup-warming surface on the top of the machine lets you keep your espresso cups warm so your freshly brewed espresso does not cool too quickly once it hits the cup.
- Aluminum Thermoblock – Made of heat distributing aluminum, this thermoblock can get up to temperature quickly and stay there. The water pipes within are made of stainless steel, which makes the Thermoblock less prone to limescale build up.