Ascaso Basic in name only. This machine has all the quality features found in all Ascaso machines including 225ml brass boiler, 57mm brass portafilter, ulka pump and pod conversion kit option, black and white colour options. Produce fantastic extraction with thick crema and stunning milk with the 2 steam wand fitting options included. The Basic is certainly best value boiler machine available.
The Ascaso Basic Espresso Machine is an excellent value with many quality features found in upgraded Ascaso models. Wake up and smell the coffee at home, you can be your own barista on this beginner machine. It features a brew group made of high quality brass designed to distribute the heat evenly. A consistent temperature means better extraction. The 16 BAR pump provides plenty of pressure. You will be making caffe macchiatos is no time!
- Simple to Use Controls – Flip on the center power button to begin heating up the boiler. Two additional buttons let you control the steam function (far left) and the coffee brew control (far right). Two blue LEDs inform you when the machine is powered up, and when it is at the proper temperature for either brewing espresso or steaming milk.
- Frothing Tip for Perfect Foam – Like magic, the wand will make perfect foam. In an instant, the steam wand converts the milk in your 12 or 20 oz. frothing pitcher to lovely foam for lattes and cappuccinos. Mounted on a swivel joint, the stainless steel steam wand conveniently swings aside and clean up is a snap.
- Quality Brewing Group – The group head (the component that accepts the coffee holder) is made of chrome plated brass. Designed after Ascaso’s commercial espresso machines, the Basic’s group head evenly distributes heat and reduces “hotspots” for more temperature consistent espresso. It has also been designed to evenly distribute water across the coffee grounds for a better extraction.
- Heavy Duty Coffee Holders and Filter Baskets – Keeping with the tradition of using only commercial grade components, the Basic uses heavy-duty chrome plated brass coffee holders, which feature a rugged plastic handle. There is a coffee holder for ground coffee and one for espresso pods. Single shot and double shot 57 mm diameter stainless steel filter baskets are also included. The larger size baskets allow you to use more ground coffee per serving for stronger espresso or cups of coffee.
- 67 oz. Water Tank – The removable water reservoir, can be filled while operating or taken out and filled at the faucet.
- 16 BAR Water Pump – The secret to a great espresso is a water pump that has the power to force water through the coffee grounds to extract the full flavor from the coffee. No worries here, you have more than enough pressure to extract the best of what your coffee has to offer.
- Drip and Cup Tray, Plus Cup Heater – The Basic has a polished stainless steel cup tray and a drip pan underneath, both easy to remove and clean. The cup-warming surface on the top of the machine lets you keep your espresso cups warm so your freshly brewed espresso does not cool too quickly once it hits the cup.
- Brass Boiler – Made of heat distributing brass, this boiler can get up to temperature quickly and stay there, with a fast recycling time. Two thermostats control the temperature for espresso and for steam, and a third that specifically monitors the boiler to protect it from overheating if the machine is left unattended for long periods.